Kids Are Kids! is committed to ensuring that all clients have the same level of privacy, dignity and confidentiality as is expected by the rest of the community.
Kids Are Kids! will:
- Only collect information about the client that can be shown to be directly relevant to effective service delivery and the agency’s duty of care responsibilities.
- Seek the written consent of the client or family prior to obtaining information from any other source.
- Seek the written consent of the client or family prior to releasing information to any other source.
- Ensure that personal information is stored securely and is not left on view to unauthorised Kids Are Kids! staff or the general public.
- Ensure that only those Kids Are Kids! staff who need access to the above information will be granted access.
- Advise the client and family of the nature of the personal information that is held by the agency about the client.
- Advise the client and family of their right to view the information that the agency keeps in respect of the client.
- Ensure that personal information about a client is only held by Kids Are Kids! as long as it is remains relevant to the delivery of effective services and Kids Are Kid’s duty of care obligations.
- Promptly investigate, remedy and document any consumer grievance regarding privacy, dignity or confidentiality.